Everyone Should Be Getting Perfect Digital TV Reception
Thanks to the Government’s upgrade of free to air broadcasting services last decade, everyone should now have access to perfect digital TV reception. The switchover from analogue to digital TV signals across the country involved the upgrade of about 1,500 digital television services at about 440 transmission sites. No small task.
Even better, if you live in an area that doesn’t receive terrestrial free to air TV signals (signals from a local transmitter), the Government introduced a service called VAST (Viewer Access Satellite Television). This allows properties in ‘blackspot’ areas to install a satellite dish and satellite decoder to receive free to air channels.
Anyways, onto finding out if there is currently a TV reception outage or another issue with your local TV transmitter.
Current TV Reception Outages
If you want to find out whether or not there is currently a TV reception outage in your local area, here are a list of helpful sites and links that can help you out:
- ACMA (Australian Communications and Media Authority) website page dedicated to location specific TV reception issues
- The FreeTV website
- Outage based websites that are dedicated to ‘crowdsourcing’ faults by logging the number of complaints for any given channel in each area. For example, check out Downdetector’s page for Channel 9 TV reception outages
- ABC TV Reception Problems or Outages
- SBS TV Reception Problems or Outages
- Channel 7 TV Reception Problems or Outages
- Channel 9 TV Reception Problems or Outages
- Channel 10 TV Reception Problems or Outages
- Prime TV Reception Problems or Outages
- WIN TV Reception Problems or Outages
- Southern Cross TV Reception Problems or Outages
Not A Network Outage?
It is actually not very common for your local TV transmitter tower to experience an outage (although it does happen on occasion).
If you are getting frustrated waiting on support call centres of the TV networks to let you know if there is an outage in your area (or even worse, wait for an email reply!), a quick and easy way to find out if there is a TV reception outage is to call your local TV antenna installer.
When there is a problem with the local TV transmitter, you can rest assured that your local TV antenna installer will be the first one to find out. They immediately receive many calls from everyone experiencing the signal failure at the TV. If your local TV antenna man hasn’t heard about a TV transmitter outage, it is much more commonplace that it is something related to your individual TV antenna system.